Vidal Sassoon Professional Beauty Education Scholarship - Basic
This scholarship provides an opportunity to those seeking a career in cosmetology. Prospective students can apply for a scholarship, which pays 50% of their tuition to a qualified cosmetology school. Basic guidelines for entry are as follows:
• Must be 18 years of age or older by the start date of the cosmetology school program
• Must be a U.S. or Canadian citizen
• Must be a student with an active START date no sooner than January 28, 2013 and no later than August 4, 2013
• Must have a letter of acceptance from a qualifying school beautycareerlink.beautyschools.org
• Must complete a written essay (500 words or less) or a video testimonial (one to three minutes) answering the following question:* Share what Vidal Sassoon’s legacy of creativity, craftsmanship, professional drive and love of learning means to you. Also include how you see yourself changing lives through beauty as he did. *
Helpful hints from our judges:
• Be creative with your submission! We’re not looking for you to just sit in front of a camera and talk—we’re looking for unique entries that stand out from the crowd.
• Make sure you answer the question and be sure to include your passion and enthusiasm in your submission.
• Although we’d like you to make direct references to Vidal Sassoon, you cannot use his image in your video submission due to copyright guidelines.
• We encourage you to post your video on Vimeo or YouTube so that you can share it with your friends and family. We want you to be proud of your submission and share it on your social networks!
Prize: 10 people will win a scholarship to pay half of their tuition