Beauty Industry COVID-19 $1,000 Relief Grants
To begin your application: click the Sign Up button in the top right hand corner to establish an account. (Click “Sign In” if you have already established an account.) Check the email address you provided for a confirmation email. Once you have confirmed your account, you will be presented a general application.
After filling out the general application you will be asked to fill out the application for the specific scholarship (opportunity) you wish to apply. Please select your scholarship opportunity from the opportunities page and click on the Apply button in lower right hand corner. The 2nd phase of the application asks specific questions for the scholarship you have selected to apply to and are REQUIRED to answer to be considered for qualification for judging. Please visit the Beauty Changes Lives website Resources link for Frequently Asked Questions on How to Apply: https://beautychangeslives.org/faq/
Generously funded by the Horst Rechelbacher Foundation, L’Oreal, Wella, Ratner Group, TIGI, KMS, Moroccanoil, Pivot Point, Ulta, Barboleta, Hattori Hanzo, John Paul Mitchell Systems, Oribe, American Association of Cosmetology Schools (AACS) Board of Directors, ISPA, AG Hair, Ergo, and Greg Dawson & Associates.
These $1,000 grants will provide financial assistance to beauty professionals or students of beauty programs, whose lives have been drastically changed by the mandated closures in response to COVID-19. Available to beauty professionals and students who are unemployed and cannot maintain their regular income during this time, these one-time $1,000 grants will be distributed directly to the applicant to provide temporary financial relief.
To Qualify Applicants Must:
- Be a licensed beauty professional (COSMETOLOGY, ESTHETICS, BARBERING, or MASSAGE THERAPY) and have been employed for 12 months on or before March 16, 2020. OR They must have been attending a program to become a licensed beauty professional on or before March 16, 2020.
- Must currently not be earning an income.
- Must not be a nail tech, please apply for the CND grant instead
- Must not be a business owner
- Must be a licensed professional OR future professional receiving licensure in: cosmetology, esthetics, massage or barbering in the US.
- Must upload proof of licensure (photo or photocopy) OR if you’re a student your enrollment agreement or official progress report from your school.
- Provide original licensure date. How many years you’ve been licensed? Or if you’re a student, what is your expected graduation date.
- Submit a copy of your driver’s license, state ID, or passport
- Submit a copy of your 2019 W-2 or 1099, provide your number of dependents (if any), and submit your most recent monthly income.
- Specify your last day of work and length of your current unemployment
- Specify your place of employment and provide a link to their website, as well as a link to their professional social page.
Submit a 200 word (or less) essay answering the following questions:
1.) What has been the most defining moment in your beauty career?
2.) How will this grant impact your life?
3.) Is there anything else you would like us to know about your economic situation?
1.) Grants will be given to applicants that demonstrate financial hardship due to mandated closures during COVID – 19 based on the following priorities:
2.) Date unemployment began
3.) 2019 Salary rate
4.) Number of dependents
1.) Recipients will be notified by May 22, 2020.