CND x BCL Nail Professional Relief Grant
To begin your application: click the Sign Up button in the top right hand corner to establish an account. (Click “Sign In” if you have already established an account.) Check the email address you provided for a confirmation email. Once you have confirmed your account, you will be presented a general application.
After filling out the general application you will be asked to fill out the application for the specific scholarship (opportunity) you wish to apply. Please select your scholarship opportunity from the opportunities page and click on the Apply button in lower right hand corner. The 2nd phase of the application asks specific questions for the scholarship you have selected to apply to and are REQUIRED to answer to be considered for qualification for judging. Please visit the Beauty Changes Lives website Resources link for Frequently Asked Questions on How to Apply: https://beautychangeslives.org/faq/
Generously funded by CND Creative Nail Design, these grants will provide financial assistance to nail professionals, whose lives have been drastically changed by the mandated closures in response to COVID-19. Available to licensed nail professionals who cannot maintain their regular income during this time, these one-time $1,000 grants will be distributed directly to provide temporary financial relief.
To Qualify Applicants Must:
• Be a licensed nail professional and have been employed for 12 months on or before March 16, 2020.
• Reside in the United States and must currently not be earning an income
• Submit proof of: licensure in nail technology in the US
• Provide original licensure date. How many years you’ve been licensed?
• Submit a copy of your driver’s license, state ID, or passport
• Submit a copy of your 2019 W-2, 1040 OR 1099, provide your number of dependents (if any), and submit your most recent monthly income.
• Specify your last day of work and length of your current unemployment
• Specify your place of employment and provide a link to their website, as well as a link to their professional social page.
Submit a 200 word (or less) essay answering the following questions:
1. What has been the most defining moment in your beauty career?
2. How will this grant impact your life?
3. Is there anything else you would like us to know about your economic situation?
Grants will be given to applicants that demonstrate financial hardship due to mandated closures during COVID – 19 based on the following priorities:
Date unemployment began
2019 Salary rate
Number of dependents
90 applicants will be awarded in total. 30 recipients will be notified at the end of May, 30 at the end of June and 30 at the end of July